VDA of the Year 2022 finalists announced
- 8 August 2022
- Posted by: Simon Wait
- Categories: Featured, News
The final four in the 2022 bodyshop VDA of the Year presented by the Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors (IAEA) have been announced as follows:
- Daniel Holloway | Claims engineer | Admiral Group Plc
- Mel Johnston | Repair consultant | Solus Accident Repair Centres
- Jason Russell | Motor engineer | LV= General Insurance
- Mark Thomas | Senior VDA | Fix Auto UK
Once again for this year’s competition, the IAEA and bodyshop magazine designed, tested and benchmarked a remote viable alternative to in-person testing.
The final took place on Thursday, 4 August, when the four finalists showcased their estimating skills and knowledge in four sessions over the course of a day. These comprised:
- Assessments 1 & 2: From images provided candidates were asked to compile a safe, fully costed assessment using their chosen estimating software system and referencing manufacture repair methods.
- Assessment 3: From the information and images supplied, candidates were asked to compile a repair specification by hand referencing manufacturer repair methods.
- Assessment 4: Using the information and images supplied, with no consultation to any software system, candidates were asked to prepare a repair specification to include total hours and paint and materials cost.
The winner of the VDA of the Year category will be unveiled during the bodyshop Awards at bodyshop LIVE 2022 on Thursday, 12 October at ICC Wales.
bodyshop magazine would especially like to thank IAEA members Les Minton, Gary Hunt, David Punter, Tony Simpson and Ali Cairns for their hard work and expertise in conducting the assessments, as well as all partners and supporters of our 2022 Awards.