VDA of the Year 2021 finalists announced
- Posted by: Simon Wait
- Category: News
The finalists in the 2021 bodyshop VDA of the Year award presented by the Institute of Automotive Engineer Assessors (IAEA) have been announced as follows:
- Daniel Holloway | Admiral
- Michael Keller | AXA
- Jason Russell | LV=
- Russell Taylor |Pentagon Ford
Once again because of the coronavirus pandemic, the IAEA and bodyshop designed, tested and benchmarked a remote viable alternative to in-person testing.
The final took place on Tuesday, 5 October, when the four finalists showcased their VDA skills and knowledge in four sessions over the course of a day. These comprised:
- Assessments 1 & 2: From images provided candidates were asked to compile a safe, fully costed assessment using their chosen estimating software system and referencing manufacture repair methods.
- Assessment 3: From the information and images supplied, candidates were asked to compile a repair specification by hand referencing manufacturer repair methods.
- Assessment 4: Using the information and images supplied, with no consultation to any software system, candidates were asked to prepare a repair specification to include total hours and paint and materials cost.
The winner of the VDA of the Year category will be unveiled during the bodyshop Awards 2021 on Thursday, 7 April 2022 at ICC Wales, next to the Celtic Manor Resort.
Please click here to register for the Awards.
bodyshop magazine would also like to thank all supporters of our 2021 Awards.