bodyshop Technician of the Year 2021 finalists
- 10 February 2022
- Posted by: Simon Wait
- Category: News
bodyshop magazine would like to remind you who the finalists are in our 2021 Powered by Vizion – bodyshop Remit Technician of the Year categories, which will be celebrated during the bodyshop Awards on 7 April this year.
The talented techs battled it out over three weeks at Remit Training in Derby, where their knowledge and skills were put to the test during a series of challenging hands-on tasks.
The winners in each of the three categories – MET, panel and paint – will be unveiled during the bodyshop Awards 2021, which will take place at ICC Wales in April.
MET Technician of the Year 2021 finalists (in alphabetical order):
- Simon Broomfield, The Vella Group, Skelmersdale
- Chris Cupit, Merseyside Car Hospital
- John Parish, Fleetline Coachworks, Croydon
- Ian Phillips, Fix Auto Redhill
- George Roberts, Solus ARC, Warrington
Panel Technician of the Year 2021 finalists:
- Carl Batt, DLG Auto Services, Aldershot
- Derek Nesbitt, Solus ARC, Cumbernauld
- Robert Smyth, Charles Hurst, Belfast
- Ryan Sutherland, John Clark, Aberdeen
- Joel Tunstall, The Vella Group, Deeside
Paint Technician of the Year 2021 finalists:
- Adam Davis, The Bodycentre, Norwich
- Ollie Hayward, Pennings Group, Milton Keynes
- Prakash Katechiya, C&D Services, Basildon
- Rachel Murray, Paint by Rach, Belfast
bodyshop magazine would like to thank all the sponsors of our 2021 Awards, as well as Prasco UK, Hills Salvage and Recycling, 3M and Axalta for their generous help with panels, cars, consumables and paint for the technical assessments.