bodyshop magazine celebrates 2022 Awards winners
- Posted by: Simon Wait
- Categories: Featured, News
bodyshop magazine celebrated the best and brightest in the collision repair industry on Wednesday evening (12 October) with the most respected and prestigious prize-giving event in the sector now in its 26th year.
After months of debate and jury deliberation and practical hands-on testing, 17 independent awards were handed out to individuals and organisations from across the UK collision repair industry, including apprentices and senior technicians, assessors, insurers, manufacturers, educators, and bodyshops large and small (see the full list of winners below).
Before the main event got under way at ICC Wales near the Celtic Manor Resort, the magazine’s 30 Under 30: Rising Stars presented by 3M were honoured and celebrated on the big stage. Click the link to see our 30 Under 30 winners for 2022.
“Congratulations to all of this year’s fantastic 30 Under 30 awards winners,” said bodyshop editor Simon Wait. “Once again, this is an impressive group of young people which we believe places the future of our great industry in safe hands.”
Among the notable highlights in the bodyshop Awards 2022, which were hosted by renowned BBC journalist and presenter Mike Bushell, was just how close the judging and the practical assessments were across numerous categories, especially the technician and apprentice awards.
One of the biggest prizes on the night – bodyshop magazine’s Bodyshop Manager of the Year 2022 – was won by Mark White from Finesse Accident Repair Centre in Dorking.
The panel and paint technician awards were both closely fought battles with Derek Nesbitt of Solus ARC Cumbernauld taking the Powered by Vizion – bodyshop Remit Panel Technician of the Year award for the second consecutive year and for a third time, while 2021 runner-up Adam Davis from The Bodycentre went one better this time around to claim the 2022 Paint Technician category.
bodyshop Awards 2022 winners
Powered by Vizion – bodyshop Remit Apprentice & Technician Awards 2022
- Panel Apprentice of the Year – Michael Reynolds | The Vella Group | Deeside
- Paint Apprentice of the Year – Michael Pirie | Steve Reid Autobody | Aberdeen
- Panel Technician of the Year – Derek Nesbitt | Solus ARC | Cumbernauld
- Paint Technician of the Year – Adam Davis | The Bodycentre | Norwich
- Highly commended – Dan Littlechild | Solus ARC | Hitchin
Powered by asTech – bodyshop Thatcham Advanced Technologies Technician 2022
- Advanced Technologies Technician of the Year – Matthew Coulson | DLG Auto Services | Aylesbury
bodyshop Awards 2022
- Technical Training Provider of the Year – EMTEC
- Highly commended – Riverpark Training and Development
- Insurer of the Year – Ageas
- New Technology Award – Walcom | TD3 Pro Thermodry Technology
- Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year – Stellantis
- Supply Chain Partner of the Year – Morelli Group
- Restoration Bodyshop of the Year – Wildae
- Single-site Bodyshop of the Year – The Bodycentre | Norwich
- Highly commended – Fix Auto Penzance
- Multi-site Bodyshop of the Year – Fix Auto Dagenham
- Bodyshop Group of the Year – The Vella Group
- VDA of the Year – Jason Russell | LV=
- Environmental Trailblazer Award – LV= General Insurance
- Bodyshop Manager of the Year – Mark White | Finesse ARC | Dorking
bodyshop magazine is grateful to all its bodyshop LIVE and bodyshop Awards 2022 sponsors for helping to make the event such a triumph again this year. Our special thanks go to Platinum Partners 3M, Axalta, Repairify, Solera Audatex, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Automechanika UK and Vizion Network; Gold Partners AkzoNobel, CAPS, IAEA, Kapci Coatings, Remit Training and Thatcham Research; and Silver Partners Accident Credit Group, BASF, Ezi-Methods, Keco UK, R+R Coatings (MULTI-MIX), and Walcom.
Thanks also to our 30 Under 30 partners 3M, and to Prasco UK for supplying panels, and Axalta and 3M for competition paint and consumables used during the hands-on technician assessments at Remit Training.