Fix Auto develops Lake District coverage
- 10 December 2021
- Posted by: Alan Feldberg
- Category: News
Fix Auto UK is following network expansion in Northern Ireland with a new site in the Lake District.
Irvings Bodyworks, based in Workington, joins the network with immediate effect and will operate as Fix Auto Workington.
Strategically, the appointment is crucial to the network and its insurer clients as it bridges an area between established Fix Auto UK repair centres in Lancaster, Carlisle and Scotland.
The repair centre, which is Hyundai and Suzuki approved and soon to attain Kia approval, spans more than 10,000 sqft, hosts 16 work bays, three spraybooths and currently employs a team of 17 operatives capable of repairing up to 40 vehicles a week. As part of an ongoing investment programme it will also build a dedicated commercial spraybooth external to the main workshop and a dedicated electric vehicle repair bay.
Owner Wayne Greggain said: “I recognised some time ago that the tide was certainly changing for small independent repairers. I am extremely proud of our reputation which is second to none for quality repairs turned around as swiftly as possible. More than 80% of our work is private retail and the remaining 20% we carry out on behalf of insurers. If we are to continue to progress and grow we need to increase our reputation and relationship with insurers. I am also conscious that we need help and guidance in terms of operating procedures and new working methods
Ian Pugh, managing director of Fix Auto UK, said: “Wayne and his team epitomises everything Fix Auto UK requires in a new franchise partner. Here we have a great, solid business with a fine reputation and a desire and ambition to be taken to the next level and embrace new practices and learnings. For us, Fix Auto Workington is a key centre that bridges a void in our UK coverage and bring support to our existing Partners.”