Are you an experienced senior news writer, sub-editor or assistant editor on a magazine or newspaper? Are you looking for your next challenge writing, editing and being a key influencer for a B2B publications company and conference organiser in the automotive aftermarket sector? Working closely with the editor of bodyshop – the leading independent magazine for the collision repair industry – you will provide leadership for our small team of journalists and designers, helping us to deliver original news stories, in-depth features and analysis, and engaging interviews. You must have exceptional writing and subbing skills, plus up-to-date knowledge of optimising content for the web. This is a great opportunity for a hands-on candidate who is keen to take on more responsibility.
- Supporting the editor in running news operations, sourcing exclusives, managing the features calendar, and helping to set the agenda for our coverage
- Writing high level and relevant news content for print and online
- Researching and writing features and analysis
- Working with a small team of designers
- Contacting key figures within the collision repair industry, including bodyshops, suppliers, vehicle manufacturers, insurers and PR agencies
- Attending and reporting on industry conferences (some international travel may be required)
- Minimum of 5 years working at a senior editorial level on a B2B or consumer publication
- Proven track record of researching and writing engaging content for both print and online
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- Commercially aware and able to work closely with sales and marketing colleagues
- Excellent communication and good networking capabilities
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent subbing skills, including a working knowledge of magazine layout and Adobe InDesign
- Experience in the automotive aftermarket sector would be a distinct advantage
If the above matches your interests and experience, please email your CV together with your current and expected salary to [email protected].
Due to the anticipated volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. Should you be shortlisted for this position, a member of the Plenham team will be in touch.
- Recruiter: Plenham Limited (bodyshop magazine)
- Location: Tring, Hertfordshire
- Salary: Dependant on experience
- Job type: Permanent, full-time (office based or partial remote working)
About Plenham Limited
Founded in 1988, Plenham is the publisher of the aftermarket collision repair industry’s leading B2B magazine, bodyshop, and its sister publication, The Assessor. Through its international conference division, the International Bodyshop Industry Symposium (IBIS Worldwide), Plenham delivers world-class global conferences and forums with live events staged annually in Europe, USA, Asia, Middle East and Africa, and online through its IBISConnect and IBISTV platforms. bodyshop magazine is mailed direct to a closely monitored ABC-audited circulation of industry leaders and decision makers. The company’s digital offerings include bodyshopmag.com and ibisworldwide.com.