Salary: £30,000-£33,000 D.O.E.
Job type: Permanent, full-time (hybrid working)
Are you an experienced writer, sub-editor or assistant editor on a magazine, newspaper or news website? Are you looking for your next challenge writing, editing and being a key influencer for a B2B publisher and conference organiser in the automotive aftermarket space?
Working closely with the editor of Bodyshop Magazine – the leading independent publication for the UK automotive collision repair industry – you will provide leadership for our small team of journalists and designers, helping us to deliver original news stories, in-depth features and analysis, and engaging interviews. You must have exceptional writing and subbing skills, plus up-to-date knowledge of optimising content for the web and social media. This is a great opportunity for a hands-on candidate who is keen to take on more responsibility and is willing to help develop and grow with the business.
- Supporting the editor in running news operations, sourcing exclusives, managing the features calendar, and helping to set the agenda for our coverage.
- Sourcing, writing and editing unique news content for online and print.
- Researching and writing features and analysis.
- Posting on our social media channels and analysing results.
- Working closely with a small team of designers.
- Setting and maintaining the style sheet.
- Contacting key figures within the automotive aftermarket, including bodyshops, suppliers, vehicle manufacturers, insurers and PR agencies.
- Attending and reporting on UK-wide industry events and conferences (some international travel may also be required).
- Deputising for the editor when absent and acting as a spokesperson for the brand as required.
- Three-to-five years of experience with some senior responsibility on a B2B or consumer publication, or news website.
- Proven track record of researching and writing accurate and engaging content.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
- Good understanding of the digital publishing landscape and emerging media trends, plus experience using analytics tools and data reports to increase engagement.
- Excellent communication skills and good networking capabilities.
- Meticulous attention to detail with exceptional editing and proofing skills.
- Commercially aware and able to work closely with sales, marketing and events colleagues.
- Experience in the automotive sector and a love of cars is preferable but not essential.
If the above matches your interests and experience, please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to each person individually. Should you be shortlisted for this position, a member of the Plenham team will be in touch.
- Recruiter: Plenham Limited (Bodyshop Magazine)
- Office: Tring, Hertfordshire
- Salary: £30,000-£33,000 depending on experience
- Job type: Permanent, full-time (hybrid working)
About Plenham Limited
Founded in 1987, Plenham is the publisher of Bodyshop Magazine, the automotive crash repair industry’s leading B2B publication. The print edition of Bodyshop is mailed directly to a closely monitored ABC-audited database of industry leaders and decision makers, and is circulated widely online and via the Bodyshopmag App. Through its international conference division – the International Bodyshop Industry Symposium (IBIS Worldwide) – Plenham delivers world-class global conferences and forums with live events staged annually in Europe, the USA, Latin America, Asia, the Middle East and Africa. The company’s digital offerings include bodyshopmag.com and ibisworldwide.com.