Training day with Axalta
Axalta has introduced training courses for its three global refinish brands – Cromax®, Spies Hecker and Standox.
Training will take place at the Axalta Refinish Academy in Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, where each brand has its own dedicated training room, mixing area and spray booth.
The courses cover all aspects of refinishing, such as colour training, product training and application techniques, as well as ATA assessment training.
Kevin Welling, training academy manager for Axalta Coating Systems in the UK and Ireland, said, ‘The majority of the training courses start with a theory session followed by practical training in our state-of-the-art practical work spaces.’
The available courses are:
- Advanced Cromax Basecoat training
- ChromaManager training course
- Cromax Basecoat tri-coat application course
- Cromax colour matching course
- Fast Repair package
- Permahyd colour college training
- Permahyd Hi-TEC Performance System training
- Speed Repair training
- Spies Hecker ColorDialog training
- Spies Hecker three-stage paint system training
- Advanced Standohyd application training
- Micro Repair course
- Standohyd colouristic course
- Standox Genius+ colour tool course
- Standox three-stage colour course
Meanwhile, for refinishers who can’t spare time away from their bodyshops, all three brands offer e-learning training programmes consisting of eight modules covering topics such as colour and colour tools, repair processes and techniques, health and safety in the workplace and rectification of application defects.
Kevin said, ‘Our e-learning training programmes are a fantastic way for refinishers to learn at their own pace and with minimal disruption to their work schedules. The training modules can be worked on any time and, for refinishers only wishing to brush up on specific topics, modules can be purchased individually, so they are very efficient tools for a busy bodyshop.’
Refinishers become e-certified on completion, with an option to attend a practical assessment at the Refinish Academy to become fully certified.