Vivaro crowned Business Van of the Year
The Vauxhall Vivaro 2700 Panel Van was crowned Business Van of the Year at the Independent Business Van of the Year awards.
The third year of the awards, which are sponsored by Vanarama, saw honours handed out to the premier members of the light commercial vehicle industry. A panel of six independent experts were used to decide the winners.
Chairman of the Judges Dave Bowen said, ‘The Vivaro provides outstanding green credentials and a fantastic overall small business solution. It is easy and car-like to drive yet offers a hard working business tool that through sheer efficiency helps minimise its environmental impact.
‘In a nutshell, it’s a massive step forward over its already excellent predecessor. That’s why the Vivaro is the Business Van of the Year 2016.’
The same vehicle was also voted as the Best Large Trades Van and Best Green Van, while Vauxhall also saw its Movano 3500 Panel Van honoured with the Best Heavy Van. Ford and Volskwagen also received awards.
Category winners of the Business Van of the Year were:
· Best Small Delivery Van: Ford Transit Courier 1.0-litre Ecoboost Trend
· Best Small Trades Van: Ford Transit Custom 2.2 TDCi Trend
· Business Van of the Year: Vauxhall Vivaro 2700 Panel Van
· Best Large Trades Van: Vauxhall Vivaro 2700 Panel Van
· Best Heavy Van: Vauxhall Movano Panel 3500 Panel Van
· Best Green Van: Vauxhall Vivaro 2700 Panel Van
· Best Pick-Up: Volkswagen Amarok 2.0 Trendline 180PS 4Motion
· Best Crew Van: Volkswagen Transporter Kombi 2.0
· Best Finance & Service Package: Volkswagen
Martyn Collins, editor of Business Vans, said, ‘Choosing the right vehicles for the job is a serious business and one which many van operators get wrong – sometimes with costly consequences. So these Awards highlight the best vans, financing and business support programmes for traders, small businesses and small fleet van operators in the SME sector.’