Brake teams up with Aviva
Brake, the road safety charity, and insurance provider Aviva have launched a new partnership.
Working together the two organisations will aim to educate all road users on six golden rules of driving, encouraging the public to make a personal Pledge.
Aviva is a joint sponsor of Brake’s national Road Safety Week, which this year will focus on the six elements of the Brake Pledge. The Pledge calls on people to drive less and, if they do drive, to do everything they can to protect themselves and the people around them by following six simple rules:
- Slow – always within speed limits and slowing down to 20mph in communities
- Sober – never driving after taking drugs or drinking alcohol
- Secure – ensuring everyone is belted up on every journey
- Silent – never making calls, texting or using social media when driving
- Sharp – regular eye tests, at least every two years. Also, never driving while tired or stressed
- Sustainable – trying to use public transport, walking and cycling as much as possible
Road Safety Week will run from 21-27 November 2016 and people will be asked to show their commitment to saving lives and road safety by making and sharing Brake’s Pledge online.
This is the latest initiative from Aviva, brokered by Zenith’s partnerships team to support road safety. In December 2015 the insurer launched a high profile awareness campaign involving TV advertising, social media, outdoor and PR activities to encourage people to think about their behaviours on the road.
In May 2016 Aviva joined forces with Channel 4 plus a number of celebrities, including Tinchy Stryder and The Chuckle Brothers, to produce a series of short films highlighting the dangers of poor driving habits.
In addition to the collaboration with Brake, Aviva is also working with Netmums and BuzzFeed to raise awareness of road safety.
Richard Coteau, corporate fundraising manager at Brake, said, ‘Aviva’s efforts are a fantastic example of how companies can get involved to improve road safety and Brake looks forward to a long-lasting relationship working together.’