Waregrain Group raises £600 for Macmillan
The Waregrain Group has helped to raise £600 for Macmillan cancer support thanks to a golf day that took place on Tuesday 29th September at The Players Club in Chipping Sodbury, with 16 teams taking part.
The competition was fierce with the fantastic weather ensuring some great golf was played on a perfect course for players of all abilities.
The winners on the day were:
• 1st: Richard Scott (Davies Motor Company)
• 2nd: Mark Regan MBE
• 3rd: Martin Samson (Blade Group)
• 1st: Mark Regan MBE, Gavin Townsend (BASF), Peter Weil (Fastlane Paint and Body) & Phil Ashpole (Autozone)
• 2nd: Leighton Davies, Neil Williams, David Bond & Stuart Smith (CEM Day)
• 3rd: Noel Jennings, Frank Delaney, Alex Green & Richard Howick (AkzoNobel)
• Longest Drive: David Bond (CEM Day)
• Nearest the Pin: David Bond CEM Day
All entrants for the ‘nearest the pin’ competition were asked to make a donation to Macmillan Cancer Support to participate. The event was contested to the very end with Dave Bond just sneaking in to take the prize. With all entrants’ kindly making donations, £600 was raised for Macmillan.
Waregrain Group sales director and chief organiser Derrick Griffin commented, ‘After all the hard work and effort, the rewards were worthwhile with the day being a great success and all the participants enjoying themselves.’
‘To raise £600 for Macmillan Cancer Support (which is such a worthy cause) is fantastic and we look forward to presenting the cheque. I’d like to offer huge thank you to our partners and sponsors who support the event and make it all possible. I’d also like to offer a special thank you to all the staff at The Players Club who couldn’t do enough to support the day and ensured everything went smoothly. We are already making plans for our golf event in 2016 to ensure it’s an even bigger success!’